They don't call the Barbour waxed cotton jacket the 'lifetime jacket' for nothing.
We offer a re-waxing and repair service for your Barbour or other waxed cotton jackets such as Belstaff, to get them back in action as your favorite foul weather outerwear.
Re-waxing with Barbour original Thornproof wax will make it look almost like new and reset its original water repellent properties.
When do you know your waxed cotton coat needs to be re-proofed? If the jacket looks and feels dry, and water is absorbed (not beading and rolling off), it's time to give it some love.
You can Buy Barbour Thornproof re-proofing dressing on-line, or ask us and we will look after the whole process, returning it all ready to go.
We charge $70+HST for jacket rewaxing in our workshop, plus shipping if applicable. Please wipe down your jacket with a damp sponge or cloth and let dry prior to sending it to us.
Contact Us for more details on the nature of the re-proofing or repairs needs, or make an appointment to bring your jacket in for a consultation.
Waxed Black Watch Tartan or plain waxed cottons available for patches.
No rush jobs at this time.
Instructions if shipping:
- Clean jacket prior to sending by wiping down with a damp cloth or sponge and letting air dry. We will charge you $35 plus HST if we have to do this ourselves. If there is any mold or mildew, please clean with white vinegar. Instructions here.
- Empty all pockets.
- Include note with your contact information including name, email address, phone number, and return address in addition to the work you would like done.
- Send to store address, found here.
- Turnaround times vary depending on backlog, but expect it to take at least a week for rewaxing and 2-4 weeks if repairs are required.
- Upon receipt of your jacket, we will send you a work order with pricing and payment instructions.